Margie Smith works with plaintiffs to develop comprehensive settlement plans, and she designs and implements deferred compensation plans for the attorneys themselves. She earned her Certified Structured Settlement Consultant designation from the Mendoza College of Business at Notre Dame University.
Margie is authorized by the State of California to operate as a Life Agent and has State Bar approval to teach five courses for MCLE credit:
- Benefits and Best Practices of Legal Fee Structured Settlements
- Coordinating Structured Settlements with Government Benefits
- Legal Fee Structures on Class Action Cases and Qualified Settlement Funds
- It’s Your Meditation: Own It
- Financial Planning for Plaintiff’s Attorneys
Margie is also an Investment Advisor Representative through Ford & Smith Consulting, Inc.
Margie received her undergraduate degree from Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and her Master's Degree in British literature from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.