Ron Walters Jr. has helped hundreds of clients find future security and peace of mind with structured settlement annuities and full-service settlement plan designs. As a settlement consultant, he has assisted clients with settlements involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, and employment-related claims, as well as more complex matters. He is also well-versed in methods to defer the recognition of income from taxable settlements and attorneys’ fees.
Mr. Walters helps clients ensure their government benefits are not compromised by settlement, assisting with the establishment of Medicare Set-Aside accounts and special needs trusts as needed.
Mr. Walters’ consulting services also include providing economic expert witness work, reducing future claimed damages to present value, and advising on work-life expectancies.
- Member, West Virginia State Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
J.D., West Virginia University
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Patrick Duffy Koontz Award
- West Virginia Law Review – Senior Executive Editor
- Moot Court – Steptoe & Johnson National Moot Court Team; Chair of the National Energy & Sustainability Moot Court Competition
- Supreme Court Clinic
- Lugar Cup Winner
- CALI Awards: American Legal History, Bankruptcy, Remedies, Sales & Secured Transactions, Securities, Supreme Court Clinic I & II.
M.Sc., International Management, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Graduated with Merit
- Dissertation Topic: “Alternative Forms of Tort Compensation in the United Kingdom”
- B.M.D.S., West Virginia University